June 21, 2017
Find out why many experts believe school dress codes are beneficial to learning environments and creating an atmosphere of self-respect among students.
January 29, 2017
Planning a trip overseas is exciting, right? but when it comes to the the actual flight, nope! Take our modest tips to make your next flight maybe enjoyable
December 27, 2016
For years, I have been searching for the answer to the tights struggle. If you don't know what I am talking about, I am talking about the problem when wearing tights (or leggings) with a skirt and having the skirt ride up from the tights. Tights season is one of my favorites, with so many colors and styles to adds a little bit more personality to a look. Personally, I love wearing tights with crazy designs in them that make people question whether I am really any warmer with them, and let's face it, we all save a little bit of money on waxing and shaving during this time. What always ruins this time though is the constant need to pull down my skirt because the tights were riding it up. Well, after speaking to a few experts (and a few modest moms!) I have come up with a list of some tricks for keeping the skirt down while wearing tights.
1. A slip- Ok, I know this one sounds obvious but I really didn't think about it until I asked an expert. Some people can't leave the house without a slip, but I personally am not even sure if I own one. While this tip definitely works, I still kept up the search for more creative ways to not have the tights stick that doesn't require the extra layer.
2. Static Guard- Another pretty simple solution that I didn't think about. No static = no cling.
3. Spray Deodorant/ Hairspray- Finally getting to more creative solutions here (that also don't require buying something new). Spray some deodorant or hairspray on the tights before putting on the skirt to help the skirt not stick. This trick is simple and doesn't require searching for the hidden static guard before the sun rises to get to work/ school.
4. Lather up!- If you're in a time crunch, lathering up your legs with lotion before putting on tights will help from having the tights get static when putting them on.
5. Fabric Softener Sheet- Fabric Sheets work like a static guard. Rub them on your tights before putting on the skirt to remove some of the static build-up.
With these tips, you are now ready to don your favorite dress or skirt with a cozy pair of tights and not have to worry!
To shop for that perfect tights dress click here !
November 28, 2016
With holiday season upon us, its time to start planning the perfect resort outfits! Here are our top 5 Packable picks for your getaway!