1) Looser is Cooler: Even though summer tends to be time when women trade in the baggy sweaters for tighter, and shorter outfits, we think that it is actually cooler to keep the loose clothes. Trading in tight skirts with chic maxi skirts/dresses can relieve some of the sticky sweat that comes with the heat of summer.
2) Avoid Layering: Since most of today's trends are sleeveless or short sleeves, women who dress modestly tend to layer shirt under them in order to be fashionable but modest. In the heat this is extremely uncomfortable and can lead to overheating.
3) Choose the right Fabric for the right season: You're skin will love you if you pick cool, breathable fabrics. Some fabrics to choose are: silk, cotton, linen, jersey, and chambray.
4) Max it out: Its a good thing maxi skirts and dresses are in this season, since they are the best for the summer! They are so versatile and can be found in almost every pattern or color.
5) Accessorize: I recommend find a few skirts and shirts that you know match most of your clothing, then go crazy with shoes and accessories! You would be surprised how an outfit can completely change with different shoes and a necklace.