With Halloween coming up this week, you're probably still trying to figure out how to pull off a cute, clever and modest halloween costume. Halloween costumes are an unfortunate trap for corny or crass costume ideas. Follow our Halloween costume guide and never regret what you wore to that costume party again!
1. Famous brand mascots- These costumes are clever, easy, and often involve dressing as figures that know how to keep it classy.
2. Spoof Costumes- Sometimes, the more obscure the costume the more successful. Still obsessed with Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL? It can still be a thing.
3. Historical/ Political Symbols- The Statue of Liberty and Rosie the Riveter are among winning ideas in this modest & cute costume category because they are easy to spot and the closer you are to the actual image (which is usually modest) the better.
4. Couples Costumes- Dressing up with a friend or significant other lends itself to a potentially modest hit.
5. Go old school- We're thinking serious vintage. Pride and Prejudice and Les Mis were recently reproduced. Dress up like a character from the good old days (minus the excessive cleavage) and you'll stand out and look fabulous! The good news about these costumes- if you have any elderly female friends, chances are she has a gown with enough flutter and personality to pass for a dress from the 1700s.
What are the best halloween costume ideas you've seen?
What will you be wearing this Halloween? Send in a picture and a description and get featured!!